This is Swee Yee here. Sorry for not updating as often as it would have been liked. Just thought of commenting about something I read on Qiu Wen's (Flute SL) blog:
#1. Section bonding
From my point of view, I think we (or I at the least), as the leaders, could have done more about bonding the section together. The key point that I've been emphasizing is to do things TOGETHER. Rest together, play together, and have fun together. Look at the first excerpt; are our juniors mixing around with the seniors? I don't think so. By the way the section lunch on the last Tuesday of the June Holidays went, it is clear cut how much work has to be done to bond everyone together. And this is important. Those who have been through Band Comp, you should know better. Those who haven't ask yourself why teamwork is one of the school values. (Teamwork is highly tied to togetherness.)
Oh yes, work hard for the Band Festival! We don't have much time to prepare, so please study your scores! By the time practice resumes you should know your pieces very well. Practise the pieces with your instrument if you brought it home, for our sake, if not for heaven's sake.
Later when we have band practice again (there seems to be no band practice next week as I understand, due to the H1N1 business), I shall take more pictures of our section. long time haven't take such photos liao. And besides this post so wordy, also very dry ...
... i think its my section that has brought me laughter and joy these few years, regardless of which batch (i mean the members). and its true that our section is more bonded together as a whole, as in the juniors can mix around with the seniors as thought there are bffs haha, yeah so i think we have succeeded in bonding the section for next year band comp. i will come back with the other seniors next year and HEHEHE watch out (smirk) >< ...And the following is from Hui Yi's (Perc. SL) blog:
Sometimes I ask myself why am I doing so much for the band. We're just a batch of students, who will be forgotten eventually.Just reading the above excerpts, some thoughts just came to my mind. I'll just tyrp out the most important one of them all:
But the things that we do in the band won't be forgotten, it stays on and contributes to our band's reputation ... Being a band geek like me, I don't think I'll regret my efforts. But I regret being such a lousy SL as compared to the previous batches, sometimes I regret slacking off so much, times when I can't even help the juniors settle their scores. I can only hope for the best for the next batch and wish them luck in next year's band comp.
#1. Section bonding
From my point of view, I think we (or I at the least), as the leaders, could have done more about bonding the section together. The key point that I've been emphasizing is to do things TOGETHER. Rest together, play together, and have fun together. Look at the first excerpt; are our juniors mixing around with the seniors? I don't think so. By the way the section lunch on the last Tuesday of the June Holidays went, it is clear cut how much work has to be done to bond everyone together. And this is important. Those who have been through Band Comp, you should know better. Those who haven't ask yourself why teamwork is one of the school values. (Teamwork is highly tied to togetherness.)
Oh yes, work hard for the Band Festival! We don't have much time to prepare, so please study your scores! By the time practice resumes you should know your pieces very well. Practise the pieces with your instrument if you brought it home, for our sake, if not for heaven's sake.
Later when we have band practice again (there seems to be no band practice next week as I understand, due to the H1N1 business), I shall take more pictures of our section. long time haven't take such photos liao. And besides this post so wordy, also very dry ...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home